Searching for the best nursing care in New York City? At Staten Island Care Center, we offer short and long-term stays for skilled nursing care. We are committed to providing our patients with the highest level of care possible. With a team of dedicated professionals, we strive to make your experience at Staten Island Care Center as comfortable as we can.
Our services include rehabilitative therapy, which we provide on-site in our rehabilitation center next door or off-site if needed. Along with our medical staff, we have therapists who specialize in various therapies, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology.
We also have general nurses and home health aides available 24 hours per day, seven days per week, and administrative support staff that will be happy to assist.
What is a Skilled Nursing Care?
A skilled nursing care facility is a type of long-term care that provides comprehensive medical and nursing services on an ongoing basis. These facilities are also known as nursing homes, convalescent homes, or rehabilitation centers.
Skilled nursing care facilities are staffed by licensed nurses and other health professionals who provide 24-hour care to residents. Services typically include help with activities of daily living, medication management, and wound care. Some skilled nursing care facilities also offer physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
What is the Difference Between a Skilled Nursing Care Facility and an Assisted Living Facility?
The main difference between a skilled nursing care facility and an assisted living facility is that skilled nursing care facilities provide around-the-clock nursing care. In contrast, assisted living facilities generally do not. Skilled nursing care facilities are also more likely to offer rehabilitative services, such as physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
Why Would I Need Skilled Nursing Care?
There are several reasons why you might need skilled nursing care, including:
- You have a chronic illness or condition that requires ongoing medical attention.
- You are recovering from a serious injury or illness.
- You cannot take care of yourself and need help with basic activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- You cannot live independently and require assistance with meals, transportation, and medication management.
- You are experiencing cognitive impairment or dementia and need around-the-clock supervision.
If you have questions about whether or not skilled nursing care is the right fit for you or a loved one, we encourage you to speak with your doctor or contact us for more information.
What Are the Factors in Finding the Best Skilled Nursing Care in New York City?
There are several factors to consider when choosing a skilled nursing care facility in New York City, including:
- Location: You’ll want to choose a conveniently located facility for you and your family.
- Services: Make sure the facility offers the services you or your loved one needs.
- Staff: The quality of the staff can make a big difference in the quality of care you or your loved one receives. Be sure to ask about staff credentials and training.
- Accreditation: Look for a facility that an organization like the Joint Commission accredits. This means that the facility has met specific standards for quality of care.
- Cost: Skilled nursing care can be expensive, so ask about price and payment options.
Staten Island Care Center: The Best Nursing Care In New York City
Staten Island Care Center is a skilled nursing care center located in the heart of New York City. We offer short and long-term stays, as well as rehabilitative services, to our patients. With a team of dedicated professionals, we are committed to providing our patients with the highest level of care possible.
For more information or to schedule a tour, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today.